Translate

Monday 22 January 2018

Matthew Sia Scored A for IGCSE Chemistry 0620 in Oct /Nov 2017 Exams

Results for IGCSE Oct /Nov 2017 exams were released a few days ago.

Very happy to receive a texted message from mum of Matthew Sia (Beacon House) who scored A in IGCSE Chemistry 0620 - the only subject he took tuition from me. If he also took physics and add-maths from me, I'm confident it will be at least 3 A's.

Matthew started his first chemistry tuition class with me on 18th July 2016 at 5.30pm in BU7. Like most students, he was weak in the beginning. But every step of the way, he followed my tuition plan for him without any interruption or disobedience - such as by giving excuses that couldn't do the homework I emailed to him on time because of this and that (printer no ink, sch tests for other subjects, Grade 6 piano test, etc. coming up - as was regularly given by one Tenby's student in USJ).

I coached him - using the same approach that I used with other students who did well - based closely on every specification in the IGCSE Chemistry 0620 syllabus and relevant past-year n textbook questions. And, he diligently followed my programme - his results again confirm the method was the correct n effective method! Those who liked to super-impose their own programme on mine so far never did well. There was a student who suddenly decided to do summary of the textbook and the formulae therein for my marking instead of focusing on the syllabus specification n the past year questions that I wanted her to complete in time - much to my bewilderment n surprise! Once I conclude that it's a situation or behaviour that I can't change, I have a thousand n one way to say 'bye2' or to make them say 'goodbye' to me - it has happened! So, remember: if you want to do or learn something with me, give me your 100%, or, it's "bye2" from me to you or from you to me in due course. Only if you seriously want to do well, then take tuition from me. Otherwise, get lost - I really have no time nor patience for nonsense!

Coming back: Another aspect I remember fondly of my tuition experience with Matthew was: his mum's more than punctual payments of tuition fees - never ever been late and always a few days in advance before the first lesson of the month. From my point of view, this is respect n satisfaction for my tuition service! When appreciated, human reciprocated accordingly -seeing the results is believing! Agree? :) Respect is another red-line that must not be repeatedly crossed!

On the results day, his mum's texted message reads: "... got an A for chem. Thank you so much for your help. Thumb up, thumb up." Very nice lady - thanks for treating me well, madam! Yeah, another successful assignment!

My heartiest congratulation to Matthew Sia of Beacon House!

P/s:

Currently, 3 of my tuition students who did very well in their IGCSE - meaning getting A* (>90%) or near to A* (88%) - are taking A-level tuition in chemistry from me - one each doing IBDP, Edexcel and CIE. Believe, I'll have good A-level results news to gloat about in due course. Just kidding - actually a lot of serious n organized work in the meantime. Excellence is the objective right from Day 1. :) We can make it!

No comments: